As people of the incarnation, we learn to claim our discipleship by watching those who came before us claim theirs. This involves careful selection, training, support, and accountability.
Listen to Kate Harmon Silberine in this webinar (recorded May 2016 at part of The Confirmation Project) as she explores the theological and developmental need for intergenerational mentoring in youth confirmation. She also offers some best practices to implement a program in your church.
In addition to mentoring, involving the entire congregation in the sharing of stories and learning together makes a difference for confirmands as well as the whole community.
- “Mentoring: The Missing Key To Confirmation?” by Kate Siberine
- “They Told Their Stories” by Greg Priebbenow
- “The Stories that Shape Us” by Christine V. Hides
- “Why Teenagers Summer Plans Should Include Mentors” by Lisa Damour
- “Relationship Matter More Than Rules” by Rebecca Alder (Written for school classrooms, but good tips for spiritual formation as well.)
History of Confirmation
Confirmation vs. Reception
Meet the Members of the Collaborative
Diocesan Connections & Camps
Service & Mission
Today’s Confirmation Class
Rethinking Confirmation (video)
Curricula: Books, Leadership, Prayer, Videos, Websites